The EarCandy Mr.Watts 1×8 Bass Cab
The Mr. Watts 1×8 is a large sounding cab with a wide sound dispersion. It is perfect for those 5 to 250 watt Bass amps because the cab is fast reacting with a lot of clarity. It lets your amps tone shine through and does not color your tone. Mr. Watts has plenty of Bass, Mid’s and Highs and is very perceptive to changes in your amps tone stack or Eq. Don’t let the size fool you.
EarCandy’s Twin ported baffle allows the speaker to breath with the air coming in and out of the cab. Because of the way the porting works, the speakers are floating, they don’t have to fight gravity or air pressure. They get exactly what they need which allows for more warmth. sustain, tone, clarity, volume and sound dispersion.
- Hand Made in Indiana U.S.A
- Loaded with Ear Candy’s Bone Shaker™ 8″
- Power Handling (RMS) 250 Watts
- Power Handling (max) 500 Watts
- Impedance 4 or 8 ohms
- Frequency Response 70 to 7,000 Hz
- Sensitivity 94 dB
- Voice Coil Diameter 2″
- Magnet Weight 55 oz.
- All ¾” AAA tone wood Wood Cabinet
- 3/4″ Maple front and back
- No MDF or particle board anywhere
- All Steel hardware.
- Steel input jack plate with 1/4″ Speakon combo Neutrik input.
- Point to Point hand wired with silver solder.
- Wired with 14 gauge Acoustic Research speaker wire.
- Pat pending Twin ported baffle
- 20 pounds
- 14” wide x 11.5” tall x 12” deep In the Horizontal Position
- Top strap or recessed dish handle (optional)
- Steel reinforced Rubber feet
- Lifetime warranty on the cab
Our cabs are not beamy. Because of our porting design, the entire area in front of the cab is the sweet spot. The cabs are warm but do cut through, you can use it with a drummer and bass player and be heard with no issues.
You will notice a 180 degree sound dispersion so when you walk around the room the cab will sound the same, you do not have to be directly in front of it to audibly benefit from the tone of the cab. This cab sounds excellent for anything from 4 string classic rock to 5 string Low B Funk and jazz.
See more about how our cabs are made HERE