The Ear Candy Mini 1×6
- Hand Made with all American Made materials
- All ¾” AAA White Birch Wood Cabinet
- All 1/2″ Maple front and back
- Pat pending Twin ported baffle
- No MDF or particle board anywhere
- All steel hardware
- Top strap handle (optional)
- Steel input jack plate with 1/4″ Neutrik input
- Point to Point hand wired with silver solder
- Wired with 14-G Acoustic research speaker wire
- Steel reinforced Rubber feet
- 12” Tall x 9 Wide x 8″ deep in the Vertical Position,
- 9″ Tall 12″ Wide 8″ deep in the Horizontal Position
- Weight = 12 pounds
- Large sounding 6.5″ speaker
- Power Handling (RMS) 50 Watts
- Impedance 4 or 8 ohms
- Frequency Response 50 to 5,500 Hz
- Sensitivity 94 dB 1W/1m
- Voice Coil Diameter 1.50″
- Ferrite Speaker Magnet weight = 48 oz.
- Lifetime warranty on the cab
- 7 year warranty on the speaker
- The Back Color will be the same as the cab color
The Mini 1×6 is a large sounding cab with a wide sound dispersion. It is perfect for those .5 to 30 watt tube amps because the cab is fast reacting with a lot of clarity. This cab lets your amps tone shine through and does not color your tone. The 1×6 has plenty of Bass, Mid’s and Highs and is very perceptive to changes in your amps tone stack or Eq.
We designed this to deliver the same kind of tone our 1×12 Sovereign cab delivers but at lower volume levels. This cab design gives us the ability to create a large tone at lower volume levels where you can push your amp and get lots of volume and tube tone.
EarCandy’s Twin ported baffle allows the speaker to breath with the air coming in and out of the cab. Because of the way the porting works, the speakers are floating, they don’t have to fight gravity or air pressure. They get exactly what they need which allows for more warmth. sustain, tone, clarity, volume and sound dispersion. Our cabs are not beamy.
Because of our porting design, the entire area in front of the cab is the sweet spot. The cabs are warm but do cut through, you can use it with a drummer and bass player and be heard with no issues. You will notice a 180 degree sound dispersion so when you walk around the room the cab will sound the same. You do not have to be directly in front of the cab to audibly benefit from the tone of the cab.
Because of the Wood’s used, Ceramic speaker and the tuned porting, this little cab will stun you with its ability to deliver many styles of tone at moderate to loud volume levels. This cab is absolutely perfect for those little 1/2 to 30 watt tube amps where you want to hear the crunch and tube break up without having to use attenuation.
It has very nice, well rounded cleans, with the bell part of the tone complimented by the cab, bluesy over drive tones are smooth and crystal clear. Heavy, more saturated distortion tones are thick and chunky with a lot of harmonic capability and sustain. Palm mutes and heavy de-tuned tones are clear, concussive and tight.
See more about how our cabs are made HERE